COVID-19 Resources for Kids
The Princess in Black and the Case of the Coronavirus - a short comic
Wash Your Hands With Baby Shark Video:
Loans, Damaged and Lost Books, and Donations
Grades JK - 3: 1 book
Grade 4 - 8: 2 books
The normal loan period is two weeks. Verbal reminders are given when materials are overdue. An overdue notice will be sent home if the item is not returned after 2 weeks.
Damaged and Lost Books
PLEASE do not try to repair books at home. Special materials are used to make book repairs. Please report any damage you find to Ms. Linkiewicz so it can be fixed. If a book is damaged beyond repair or if the book is lost, the borrower will be asked to pay the replacement cost.
We are happy to accept donations of gently used children's books for our collection. No adult books please!
LDCSB Library Mission Statement
To provide access to a variety of informational resources to support the curriculum, foster a love for reading, and ensure the school community is effective users of information for learning and for leisure.
LDCSB School Library Goals
- Educate students on the functionality, organization and purpose of libraries so that they can be library users for life
- Demonstrate how to research with purpose and process
- Promote and foster a love for reading for pleasure and learning
- Develop library collections that encompass a variety of formats to support Catholic Graduate Expectations
- Facilitate the use of technology for learning, research and communication
What the Research says about School Libraries
Research undeniably and repeatedly shows clear links between student achievement and the existence of libraries stocked with a variety of resources, and staffed by qualified librarians who collaborate with teachers.